Are you eligible to participate in the DREAM Study?
Generally, you may be eligible to participate if you are more than 18 years of age and are willing to commit to five ophthalmic exams over the course of a year. Call or email your nearest DREAM Site or click here for more specific information on your ability to participate.
Some Technical Inclusion Criteria:
- Symptoms of DED for greater than or equal to 6 months.
- Use of or desire to use artificial tears at least 2 times per day in preceding 2 weeks.
- Ability to swallow large, soft gelcaps
Some Technical Exclusion Criteria:
- Allergic to ingredients in supplements (fish) or placebo (olive oil)
- Contact lens wear
- Pregnant, nursing, or lactating
- Current ocular infection, inflammation, or acute allergic conjunctivitis
- History of: ocular herpetic keratitis, ocular surgery in past 6 months, LASIK surgery, use of glaucoma medicine or surgery for glaucoma, liver disease, atrial fibrillation, hemophilia or bleeding tendencies
- Currently on anticoagulation therapy
- Eyelid abnormalities or extensive ocular scarring
- Use of Omega 3 supplements in excess of 1200 mg per day
For further information, contact a DREAM Study professional at the DREAM site nearest to you.